As we know, meat make up of a large portion of food we grill during our barbecue.
However, in order for us to enjoy a healthy and balance meal, we need to consume vegetables.
Therefore, this chicken mix kabob is a combination of meat and veggie which give you the necessary nutrient for a healthy meal.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 4
– 4 strip of chicken fillets 150g
– 2 1/2 piece of hotdogs (optional)
– 1/4 small yellow onion
– 1/4 red capsicum
– 1/4 green capsicum
– 1 teaspoon of dark soy sauce
– 1 1/4 teaspoons of sugar
– 2 teaspoons of dried margoram
– 1 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
– 1/2 teaspoon of dried dill leaf
– 2 teaspoons of olive oil
– 8 bamboo sticks or skewers
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Cut the red capsicum, green capsicum into 1.5 inch pieces. Cut the yellow onion about 1/2 inches width. Place them into the mixing bowl. Add the 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme and 1/2 teaspoon of dill leaf tips and sprinkle some salt and black pepper into the bowl, and stir to coat well. Put in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour
2. Cut the chicken fillets about 1.5 inches pieces and place the chicken fillet into another mixing bowl (Not together with the vegetables). Add in 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1 1/4 teaspoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of dark soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of salt,1 teaspoon of dried thyme and 2 teaspoon of marjoram, stir to coat well. Put in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
3. Cut the hotdog into 3 equal pieces. Fill bamboo sticks /skewers with pieces that are uniform in size and leave a little space between pieces so everything gets equally and thoroughly cooked. Don’t overload bamboo stickers /skewers with food packed tightly together.
You are free to arrange the pieces in any order.
(My Kabob combination: Onion, Chicken fillet, red capsicum, chicken fillet, green capsicum, hotdog)
Put the Kabobs in the refrigerator until you are ready to grill.
Outdoor Grilling Method
1. Let then heat to stable first before setting the kabobs on the grill.
2. Turn the kabobs frequently as they’re grilling. You have to grill for about 12 – 15 minutes (depending on the actual temperature) before serving
Oven Grilling Method
1. Set the oven mode to toast and preheat the oven to 180C before setting the Kabob on the grills.
2. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes before serving.